Monday, March 14, 2005

The joy of being [1]

The look in his eyes told that he thought I was wacky.
But I did not care. I was beginning to enjoy the breeze. Its touch on my skin seemed to take away my thoughts and move me into nothingness. I felt it all over me and then I felt nothing at all. Standing in the middle of the boat, I opened my arms and let the breeze touch me completely.

The sun was blazing, but did I feel it? The warmth that emancipated from within me had a cooling effect. The light within me was much stronger than the one I could see around and I smiled. He asked me, “Why are you smiling?” “No reason.” I replied.

But I think I did have a reason to smile. The reason was the bliss of being and feeling alive. The joy was of being able to enjoy nature in its entirety and of being able to feel one with the universe.

3 comments:

  1. jiving with nature has always been a favourite pastime. glad you wrote something very much in sync with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one echoes some similar thoughts

    A young spring-tender girl
    combed her joyous hair
    'You are very ugly' said the mirror.
    But,
    on her lips hung
    a smile of dove-secret loveliness,
    for only that morning had not
    the blind boy said,
    'You are beautiful'?
    -Spike milligen

    Mithun

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one echoes some similar thoughts

    A young spring-tender girl
    combed her joyous hair
    'You are very ugly' said the mirror.
    But,
    on her lips hung
    a smile of dove-secret loveliness,
    for only that morning had not
    the blind boy said,
    'You are beautiful'?
    -Spike milligen
    mithun.reddy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete