Friday, March 04, 2005

The cherubic Teacher

A tear drop in those dark eyes was about to drop
And if it did, her dampened eyes would make my heart stop

The scarlet lips were in a curve and about to wail
And when they would, my entire being would quail

Time came to a standstill.
Or I wish it did.
A Prayer I sent upwards
For this moment to go back or at least stay

One more moment and I would die
For I could never bear to see her cry

The cherubic girl was in deep grief
And I had been the cause of this mischief

Being an adult only in a physical sense
I lost touch with innocence and its essence

I prayed yet again for her smile to return
And opened my arms to let the anguish burn

The dark eyes now were moist like dew
And her scarlet lips with a smile anew

I am “sowwy” she told me in a voice so pure
And I held her tight for I had no other cure

She taught me yet another lesson
Of innocence, of faith, of giving and of love
Of being true and of healing from angels above

2 comments:

  1. Your cherub is an angel sent down just like all other children on this earth--so pristine pure and innocent that they can make our hearts ache! They really do teach us life's lessons and your poem here reflects it beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As beautiful as the angel you're talking about...

    ReplyDelete